Chris13 Posted By Chris13, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:17 PM

1. Chris13

Chris13
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Hello i am new to this forum and need help. I have a Harmon PC45 and had a power outage and now my pellet stove auger runs constantly. Harmon service man wants a $100 to diagnose. No lights are flahing. Everything else runs fine. I am unsure if i should get a new circuit board or auger motor

2. jzm2cc

jzm2cc
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 25, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Triac on circuit board is probably shorted internally. Replacing that or complete board should fix issue. This assumes no one was tampering with wiring.

3. Chris13

Chris13
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thank you so much for your help i will order the circuit board tomorrow and see if that works. no one has touched anything, that is just how it was fired up after the power came back on

4. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Unplug stove.Let unplugged for 30 minutes.If you cannot let it unplugged that long,take a piece of metal,go across the two large prongs on the plug,this will dump all the memory on the circuit board.Then plug back in,and try a restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Chris13

Chris13
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thank you for your help. I have unplugged it and restarted it and it did not work. Everything else runs perfect and everything works in test mode. I have ordered a new circuit board and it should be here by Friday and hopefully it fixes the issue. Thank you again for the advice

6. Chris13

Chris13
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 7, 2018
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thank you jzm2cc for your advice bought circuit board, put installed it and now my pellet stove is working correctly again. Thank you so much you saved me $100

7. kenora

kenora
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2007
    Loc:
    Kenora, Ontario, Canada
    Time for a good surge protector or ups with surge protection...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    bob bare likes this.