harmon sf1500 flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddad

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2010
New Buffalo, pa
I have a Harmon SF1500 furnace. I want to install a round stainless smooth flex liner of 5.5 inches.
My existing flue = 6 1/8 x 11 1/4 inches (terracotta). The height is 21'.
Furnace has worked fine for 15 years or so with a barometric damper on it and (2) 90's, all 6". Does anyone have input on how it will burn for wood and coal going to a 5.5 inch liner? Hotter or colder? I am located near Harrisburg Pa.

Input I received was 5.5" round should work better than a 6" x 10 3/4 " rectangular liner.

Thanks

I installed a 5.5" rigid liner for my chimney in late summer. My woodfurnace is rated at a higher output than the sf1500 furnace. I am getting longer burns with more heat output from the furnace. The old chimney was a 7x11 flue with 32' height. Its a night and day difference with the performance. On top of that with the proper sized flue, the unit is burning alot cleaner. I would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.