Has anyone heard of a Porterlator insert???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NC Scott

Nov 20, 2008
Central NC
First, let me say I've been reading the posts for a couple of days and found some very helpful. I'm new to heating with wood, and have a few questions. My new home, brick ranch built in 1959, came with a masonry fireplace with a Porterlator insert. I have searched the web for info on the insert, but have come up with nothing. Has anyone heard of this brand, if so, how would you rate it?? Also, it's vented right into the chimney, with no metal flue to the top of the chimney. Also no chimney cap. I would have liked to ask the previous owners if they had used it, but they did not show up at closing, signing several hours earlier. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Looks like a non-gasketed door unit designed for slammer installation. aka smoke dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.