haugh stove no heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wood certainly does not look like it has been dried for 2 years (unless it was kiln-dried). Has it really been split two years ago and then stacked in a spot where it can get lots of sun and wind? Do you have a moisture meter to test the wood?

Can you make a picture of the fire at the same time you get those low temp readings?

Just in general: You will get more heat out of the wood and longer burn times with a new, EPA-approved stove. There are perfectly fine stoves out there for less than $1000.

Is that fresh sawn slab wood in the pile?

The wood you see in the picture are freshly cut slabs a neighbor gave me. The wood that is two year old is wood in the wood shed that has been there for two years(no one has lived here for two years a widowed lady owns it) . I will get year old maple tonight from my in-laws and see if that helps any.

When you asked for a temperature I figured you wanted just an average fire in the middle of the day. Right now I have a big fire going. Trying to see if I can hit 500 f.

Status
Not open for further replies.