Hauled home the Gold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Poured the last of the old corn that was three years old into the stoves this AM and brought home some new corn. Picture of the haul, sluice for screening out the fines and the bill

Attachments

• DSCN0718.JPG
    DSCN0718.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN0719.JPG
    DSCN0719.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN0720.JPG
    DSCN0720.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 284
300 lbs shy
Would have been 6 cents less per bushel tomorrow with rain in Brazil and Santa having to eat his reindeer after markets still going down

Reactions: kappel15
300 lbs shy
Would have been 6 cents less per bushel tomorrow with rain in Brazil and Santa having to eat his reindeer after markets still going down

And I'm guessing not one red cent to an out of country corporation or corrupt government, or huge US petro producer (except by default use of planting and havesting), no third party involved in making it into ethanol, just you and the farmer. As it should be. Nice haul, I paid a little more but not enough that I'm crying, the crying is from last nights game. I need to change my avatar when I get a chance. :(

Reactions: twodogs02
Both teams are still going to playoffs

Sour grapes to me, I know the Pack will not go far, just that they went further than Da Bears! If the Vikes keep playing well I'll cheer 'em on, good for the division IMO.

The Vikings will be rewarded with that victory by losing to Seattle in the first round. Oh, and the Packers are done! I've watched enough of this team to realize that Aaron Rodgers is really no better than any other QB in the NFL (in spite of what the media wants everyone to believe) in that he can't do a thing without weapons around him. I never thought I'd say this, but I don't see the Packers beating the Redskins!

Vikings will be rewarded with that victory by losing to Seattle in the first round
Will see how the birds like playing in near 0 temps. Even the ticket sales are slow and pretty cheap.
What a security nightmare. How do you search all the people bringing in all that heavy clothing?

Reactions: FirepotPete
Will see how the birds like playing in near 0 temps. Even the ticket sales are slow and pretty cheap.
What a security nightmare. How do you search all the people bringing in all that heavy clothing?

Those temperatures will probably slow Seattle down, but I still think they'll win by two TD's (even though I'm rooting for Minnesota). The security thing isn't that unusual. The NFL has quite a few stadium in cold weather cities, so this isn't exactly new to them.

The Vikings will be rewarded with that victory by losing to Seattle in the first round. Oh, and the Packers are done! I've watched enough of this team to realize that Aaron Rodgers is really no better than any other QB in the NFL (in spite of what the media wants everyone to believe) in that he can't do a thing without weapons around him. I never thought I'd say this, but I don't see the Packers beating the Redskins!

Really ??

Take a look at Rogers numbers and you will see that a bad year for him (and it was) is a very good year for most other QB's.

That should be proof positive just how good he is -- 31 TD's (9th) -- 8 Int (4th) are career years for the majority of QB's

Not bad statistics for a thrower without weapons and a broken offensive line.

A bad year for the Pack overall -- Yet still a playoff team for the 7th year in a row.

A bad year for Rogers overall --- But still far better than average statistics.

Really ??

Take a look at Rogers numbers and you will see that a bad year for him (and it was) is a very good year for most other QB's.

That should be proof positive just how good he is -- 31 TD's (9th) -- 8 Int (4th) are career years for the majority of QB's

Not bad statistics for a thrower without weapons and a broken offensive line.

A bad year for the Pack overall -- Yet still a playoff team for the 7th year in a row.

A bad year for Rogers overall --- But still far better than average statistics.

Yes, really! Listen, I've been an NFL die hard since the 1970's. I don't know a whole lot about anything in life, but I know football! I never said that Rodgers sucked. He's a good player. He's simply not the player the media makes him out to be. The Patriots have a non-existent offensive line, and 17 players on injured reserve, and Tom Brady somehow managed (at the age of 38) led the league in TD's with no weapons, beyond Gronkowski around him. I've watched a lot of Packers games this season, and I would be stunned if they beat the Redskins (something unthinkable, at the beginning of the season). Again, Rodgers is a good player. I just don't think that he's belongs in the same sentence with the greats of all time. At least, not yet.

Yes, really! Listen, I've been an NFL die hard since the 1970's. I don't know a whole lot about anything in life, but I know football! I never said that Rodgers sucked. He's a good player. He's simply not the player the media makes him out to be. The Patriots have a non-existent offensive line, and 17 players on injured reserve, and Tom Brady somehow managed (at the age of 38) led the league in TD's with no weapons, beyond Gronkowski around him. I've watched a lot of Packers games this season, and I would be stunned if they beat the Redskins (something unthinkable, at the beginning of the season). Again, Rodgers is a good player. I just don't think that he's belongs in the same sentence with the greats of all time. At least, not yet.

Sent you a PM so as not to distract from this thread

Nice! I have a wagon load setting out in the barn. I love burning corn! We buy from our farmer friend right out of his bin. I have bought it right out of the field when we have had a real dry fall!! My St. Croix burns corn way better than pellets. This time of year the stove will go 3 weeks w/ out being shut down. I just clean on the fly.

Nice corn price! I get mine cleaned/dried and in 50# bags for $4/bag, so that much would cost me about $450. Even at my price it's far cheaper than pellets. I run about 85% corn, though with natural gas so cheap I tend to use the furnace a bit (ok, a lot) more this year.

Closest mill with a bagger is 30 miles away. They do custom feed blending.
The new corn is burning very nice, looking more like a nice propane flame in the Bixby. Even had to turn the feed down a bit so the corn this last season was as I had heard very good.
Will need to crank up things pretty good as the cold front came in this morning and am watching the temps fall. Earlier than predicted:(

Status
Not open for further replies.