Haven't posted for awhile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skamp

May 18, 2008
south eastern ct.
Hey everyone

Now that I've got the stove installed and have a few burns under my belt, thought I'd update.
I ended up buying a Lopi Revere insert and having it proffesonaly installed. Cost for everything was $4100.
Also added another zone to my L shaped ranch. The stove was doing a great job heating the kitchen dining room living room and den but stopped short of the bedrooms at the end of the hallway. I had a friend of mine whose a plumber, zone the bedrooms on one thermostat and zone the rest of the house on another. So far this has worked out perfectly. I keep the bedrooms set at 65 degrees with the boiler, and the stove heats the rest of the house nicely at aroung 70 on 20 degree nights.
The Lopi revere insert turned out to be just the right size for me and the fact that it sits halfway out on the hearth is a plus. So far I am enjoing the wood burning experience and am getting addicted to the type of heat that a woodstove puts out.
Burn times I have maneged to get are pretty good at around 5 to 7 hours with plenty of coals left for an easy restart. I want to thanke everyone who gave their input when I had questions. You all were a great help. Thank you all. This forum has been a blessing. Steve

That's quite clever with the zoning. I'll have to remember that for the future.

caber said:
That's quite clever with the zoning. I'll have to remember that for the future.
Thank you. Oh on another note my girlfriend nearly overfired the stove.I had just loaded the stove and went outside to do some work in the yard. Come into the house and the stove is burning like mad. Walk over and check the temp 750 and rising. Instead if pushing the air control in she had it all the way out. I guess she wasn't listning when I showed her how to operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.