Hawken GX10 wood boiler water level sensor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mwhearth

Oct 24, 2022
CT
I recently bought a Hawken GX10 wood boiler that I found on FB marketplace. Is was manufactured in 2019 but clearly it was never used and I got it for a decent price. I fired the boiler up last week and it ran GREAT for about 10 hours. After 10 hours, the fan that feeds air to the combustion chamber was shut down by the controller because of a "low water" condition. Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that this boiler does not have a low water condition, the spout at the top of the boiler is so full that water sporadically spills out. So, since I can't seem to get any tech support from Hawken (I think they went out of business?), I am left to fend for myself troubleshooting this expensive boat anchor in my back yard. Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
Thank you
Mark

Sometimes the deal isn't such a deal when you are left on your own to trouble shoot on your own.
Myself i would find the sensor and bypass it for testing purposes.If it is indeed the sensor you should be able to find one that would work for your water heater.

After some online research I determined that outdoorboiler.com provides Aftermarket technical and spare parts support for Hawken wood boilers. Their tech support representative helped me troubleshoot the "low water" fault code that was preventing the wood boiler fan from kicking on. Once we cleaned up the ground connection on the water level sensor, the low water fault code cleared on the controller and the fan started running. For future reference, the water level sensor on the Hawken GX10, (which looks quite a bit like a spark plug from an internal combustion engine), is located on the front of the GX10 wood boiler behind the controller access panel. My Hawken GX10 wood boiler has been running strong for two weeks now.........keeping the house and garage toasty warm. Life is good.

Reactions: brenndatomu