Hazy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbas Boys

Aug 31, 2014
Central Illinois
We are burning our 5th fire this morning. In back bedrooms there is a tiny bit of haziness. It does not smell smoky at all. I checked attic and no issues there. Is it normal to have that. This is first day we have had sunshine coming through windows since we started burning it. That is where you can see it most.

No it is not normal unless you are still curing paint. Do you have co alarms?

I had this happen a couple times to, thought it was just me and my eyes playing tricks, No smell, no smoke, and I have co detectors, What I think it was is the house creating a thermal layer and maybe a little dust floating around.

Yeah it may not be a problem at all but i would not say it is normal either

I would suspect it's still the paint curing . . . some stoves take longer than others to have the paint cured . . . and even once you think you're good . . . one day your stove will reach a new high temp . . . and that "hot stove" smell will return once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.