Heading to NH.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
We're making final plans on our trip to Woodstock in NH. Probably leave early Tuesday morning so won't be posting much again until we return.

Does anyone have specific questions they would like to ask Woodstock? I'll be happy to ask when at the factory.

Yes, we also hope to get a few pictures.

Have a safe trip and enjoy!

Have a great trip Dennis, make sure you behave yourself. Ask them if they can post a video or pictures of the new stoves progress. I'd like to see the burn.

Thanks fellas. We are hoping for a great trip.

I'll try to do that Todd.

Have a great trip, Dennis. You don't plan to ride the recumbent, do you? ;-P
Be safe and have fun. Oh, and while you're there, would you mind bringing the stove I'm winning back with you?

Backwoods Savage said:
We're making final plans on our trip to Woodstock in NH. Probably leave early Tuesday morning so won't be posting much again until we return.

Does anyone have specific questions they would like to ask Woodstock? I'll be happy to ask when at the factory.

Yes, we also hope to get a few pictures.
Enjoy your trip Dennis to our great state.
Ask them if they ever heard of the Elm.

Hey, my wife is packing right now and we plan on leaving tomorrow morning.

Dave, the bike will be staying home but we are stopping at a big bike store in NY to look at some new ones. As for the stove, I'll just unload it here and we'll be happy.

Ratman, I'm sure they know of all the stoves or at least most of the folks there do. One fellow I correspond with is very knowledgeable and has been in the business a long time.

Backwoods Savage said:
Does anyone have specific questions they would like to ask Woodstock?

We'd love to make the trip ourselves since it's only a few hours drive, but it will have to be nice weather in order for me to talk Lady BK into it. We'll see.

I do have one question for you, though. I can't help but notice that the very best way for you to get to West Lebanon from Michigan takes you past Saratoga Springs, NY and puts you at one point within 5 minutes of my house. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to bring along a bit of your legendary seasoned white ash? I'd be glad to pay for the gas from I-87 to my door, and can even rustle up a sandwich and a cold one of your choice. The purpose of the wood will be strictly for scientific analysis. I can subject it to careful MC measurements (both with a moisture meter and in the microwave), and specific gravity determination to see how it stacks up to our varieties. Most importantly, I'd like to make an accurate BTU assessment of some documented 3 year-old white ash.

A cord will probably do, but feel free to bring more. I burn up a lot in the microwave on accident, it'd be nice to have extra. Remember, it's for a worthy cause. :p

Battenkiller, we had considered that route which would take us really close to you but our plans ended up with us heading north and not turning east again until after the Adirondack Park. However, should our plans change I would consider stopping for that sandwich and cold one! Now on the wood, I might bring some but it would fit inside a feed bag so I doubt I could cram a cord in there, even if it were for a worthy cause.

Backwoods Savage said:
Battenkiller, we had considered that route which would take us really close to you but our plans ended up with us heading north and not turning east again until after the Adirondack Park. However, should our plans change I would consider stopping for that sandwich and cold one!

Who knows? Maybe on the return trip? Seriously, you're more than welcome here.

At any rate, it sounds like you'll be bypassing the Adirondacks entirely? Too bad, it's absolutely beautiful there, God's country to me, and worth going a little out of the way to drive through. If you can swing it, slide down south a bit on one of your trip legs and check it out. I was up last week and some of the leaves were already starting to change. If we don't go to NH this weekend, we'll probably be up in the 'Dacks again, doing our thing before the weather changes.

Have fun. :)

No, not bypassing it at all but going right through it. We'll head north after leaving Alfred, NY. We drove through some of the Adirondack area many, many moons ago (like back in the 70's) and liked it so I'm sure we'll like it again. For fall colors, we have quite a bit showing here at home and I'm sure we'll see some on the trip too. On the way back we go a lot further south to visit our eldest son and then head east through PA on the way home.

If I'm understanding your return route correctly, it sounds like you might be heading straight down the NYS Thruway (87). (Unless you're coming down somewhere east of the Hudson River.) Anyway, the Catskills are a beautiful sight in the fall as well. Might be a bit too early for much changing of the leaves, but still a nice view.
Have fun in NH.

Jaugust124 said:
If I'm understanding your return route correctly, it sounds like you might be heading straight down the NYS Thruway (87). (Unless you're coming down somewhere east of the Hudson River.) Anyway, the Catskills are a beautiful sight in the fall as well. Might be a bit too early for much changing of the leaves, but still a nice view.
Have fun in NH.

We have thought about going through the Catskills as we have not done so yet. However, our plan is to stay in West Lebanon Saturday night and head out early Sunday morning heading to Reading, PA for a short visit with our eldest son before he heads off to work. Then we'll head home from there but might take a couple of side routes so it will no doubt take us two days to get home from Reading.

We are hoping for some color but won't expect too much. We are pretty well packed and then take care of a little business in the morning and we are on our way.

If all goes as planned, Mrs Faltbedford and I will see you there.

Looking forward to meeting you and the wife Steve. Right now it looks like good weather for their weekend party.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, my wife is packing right now and we plan on leaving tomorrow morning.

Dave, the bike will be staying home but we are stopping at a big bike store in NY to look at some new ones. As for the stove, I'll just unload it here and we'll be happy.

Ratman, I'm sure they know of all the stoves or at least most of the folks there do. One fellow I correspond with is very knowledgeable and has been in the business a long time.

May your wife and you have a great time and a safe trip, looking forward at seeing some pictures. Maybe even one of breakfast.

zap

Have a safe and fun trip Dennis . . . again sorry I'm going to have to pass on the party, seeing the new woodstove and most of all the opportunity to meet you . . . maybe next year.

Flatbedford said:
If all goes as planned, Mrs Faltbedford and I will see you there.

All is not going as planned. I just found out that I will have only 4 days off from work this month and spending two of them out of town is gonna make me crazy. It's not gonna work out for me this time. I hope those that do make it have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.