Hearth Tools & Company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
I would like to extend my graditude and special thanks to Rod Hearthtools....for replying back and forth with me even after i had some not so kind words....MY impatience got the better of me and I offer my humble apology to Rod and his team for the help they have givin me and others...

I am sure we ALL appreciate your input and experience in these matters.

Thanks a million

Matt

Aww shucks, thanks
we are just trying to do our job but sometimes things slip through the crack.

If any of the things We said to try help that we talked about in email share them with the others on the forums to help them and future members out.
heck post photos if you can.

Will do!

Did you get your manual?

Yes I did receive the manual...thank you!

I am concerned thou as it states that more than a 2' horizontal is "Not Recommended",,,,"It Doesnt say CAN NOT use more"

Now givin the clearances needed it is almost impossible to use 2' max horizontal, it will barely go thru the wall and will not make the 3" min clearance to wall....you think inspector will question my 3' horizontal and fail it......or just that manu...suggests that more than 2' is not recommended as in "Grey area" type of install?

I dont remember seeing Max 24" horz. but I do remember a MIN of 24" vertical before the first 90 deg
36" will be fine but put as much vertical you can on your exit run.

was the refrence to the MAX of 24" horizontal in the trouble shooting guide or the Titain owners manual?
All pelletmaster stoves other that the titan will have a max 24" horz/

It is in the manual.......NOTE: A horizontal flue of more than 24" (600cm) IS NOT RECOMMENDED

This at the thru the wall installation section of manual

Hey Rod, How much do you sell the Avalon Astoria free standing stove for? I will be interested in getting a new stove this year and I like the looks of that stove as well as the Lopi Yankee freestanding stove.

I have a policy NOT to sell stoves out of my service area.
If you are 3000 miles away from me how can I help you with a problem.

I recomend to by your stove from a local dealer
Im not a big fan of the Astoria (noise issues)
I do like the
Enviro Meridian or Empress (aka windsor)

Yes I understand, I couldnt buy it from ya for the same reason, but I was looking for a solid price to go by.....what do you think of the Lopi Yankee?

It is the same thing as the astoria but it has a smaller hopper. 80# were the Avalon astoria has 115# hopper

I sell the Astoria but I would never have one in my home for the noise and the Thermostat is OFF and ON only
I like a thermostat to be LOW mode and not off.

Plus I think they are over prices.
I sell the Astoria at $2900
I sell the Meridian with the same heat output of 45k BTU for $2600
The impress cast iron is 40k btu and sells for around $2650

the Enviro is a much better unit
I dont sell them but Harmon is a good choice also.

Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.