Hearthstone Craftsbury, or small stove recommendation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
We have an older fireplace in our living room in which I've been burning gel over the summer but I would like to put a small stove for the winter even though I will have to re-line the chimney.

While getting a door gasket replacement for our Phoenix I saw the new Craftsbury model from Hearthstone and really like the look and size of it. I realize it is a recent offering but if anyone has experience with one, I'd like your comments.

Alternatively, we are looking for recommendations for a small stove which is not too deep. This is a shallow fireplace. Thanks.

there brand new. i dont think many people have them yet. they were realesed last month. But, for $999 its hard to go wrong. the Jotul f100 is in the same price range, and the hearthstone tribute is more. there are lots of models in that size range. The good news is, its realy hard to mess up a wood stove, so if you like it, let us know!

Thanks MSG. I didn't realize they were THAT new. We are looking at the brown majollica one which I think was about $300 more than the cast iron

Status
Not open for further replies.