Hearthstone GMi 70 (Green Mountain Insert 70)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Venegas

Oct 8, 2020
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello,
  • I have narrowed my search down to the Hearthstone GMi70 for my masonry fireplace (photos attached).
  • Before I purchase, I am reaching out for any experiences with the GMi70 (positive or otherwise).
  • Our home is a 2 story split ~2000 sq.ft. (main floor + second story).
Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

Sincerely,
Patricio

Link: https://www.hearthstonestoves.com/product/green-mountain-insert-70/

PXL_20201106_033754531.jpg

PXL_20201106_031951609.jpg PXL_20201106_032020532.jpg PXL_20201106_032042571.jpg PXL_20201106_032054730.jpg

I do not know much about mechanics but its a very pretty wood burning stove and I like the large logs that it takes too..Good Luck with your new stove...

Hello,
  • I have narrowed my search down to the Hearthstone GMi70 for my masonry fireplace (photos attached).
  • Before I purchase, I am reaching out for any experiences with the GMi70 (positive or otherwise).
  • Our home is a 2 story split ~2000 sq.ft. (main floor + second story).
Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

Sincerely,
Patricio

Link: https://www.hearthstonestoves.com/product/green-mountain-insert-70/
WORST STOVE EVER! Please read all their reviews on their Facebook page, this says it all. I've lost over $10K because I bought a Hearthstone Stove. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE!!! Please save your money and 1.5 years of a headache like I had. Their stove let out so much smoke that it ruined all my walls and ceilings. It took forever to get a fire started. I paid for multiple people to come fix it, come to find out the stove was the issue. I got a new stove from a much better company and I have NONE of the problems I had from the Hearthstone Stove. So I lost money on the cost of this stove ($3500), my new stove ($2000), about $2000 invested trying to fix the Hearthstone stove, and another $6000 to clean and repaint my entire house. Do not buy. I saw Hearthstone's FB Page too late, and there were tons of other people complaining about the exact same issue with the exact same stove. There were reviews on there 1-2 years ago that are not on there now (I kept screenshots). So, this isn’t just me having this problem. I have no idea how they will stay in business when they keep making terrible products.

WORST STOVE EVER! Please read all their reviews on their Facebook page, this says it all. I've lost over $10K because I bought a Hearthstone Stove. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE!!! Please save your money and 1.5 years of a headache like I had. Their stove let out so much smoke that it ruined all my walls and ceilings. It took forever to get a fire started. I paid for multiple people to come fix it, come to find out the stove was the issue. I got a new stove from a much better company and I have NONE of the problems I had from the Hearthstone Stove. So I lost money on the cost of this stove ($3500), my new stove ($2000), about $2000 invested trying to fix the Hearthstone stove, and another $6000 to clean and repaint my entire house. Do not buy. I saw Hearthstone's FB Page too late, and there were tons of other people complaining about the exact same issue with the exact same stove. There were reviews on there 1-2 years ago that are not on there now (I kept screenshots). So, this isn’t just me having this problem. I have no idea how they will stay in business when they keep making terrible products.
It sounds like you have had a terrible experience. Would you mind sharing a few more details such as which model stove you purchased, where it was installed (i.e. basement, main floor, second floor), and which stove you purchased instead?

The forum is not for raiding threads and repeated product bashing.

The point was made in your original thread for a different model freestanding stove that didn't work out for you. Sorry, but it happens. In spite of multiple requests, you have not provided requested additional information on the installation that would be helpful to others.