Hearthstone Heritage/2x lined wall pipe clearance help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemountain

Feb 25, 2014
Bergen County, NJ
Everyone,

I have decided on buying a Hearthstone Heritage. I won't have this installed for a few months, sometime in the spring. In the meantime, I was looking up some of the clearances for this stove to figure out if I need to move anything combustible.

The biggest concern I have is with the horizontal/vertical clearance in regards to my wall-mounted TV and a new painting I am looking to hang. Hearthstone states the following....

"As a general rule, keep all movable combustible items such as furniture, drapes, clothing, and other items, at least 36" (0.92 m) from the stove."

Both my TV and wall painting will not be in direct line with the stove, and will be set vertically higher on the wall than the stove will be positioned on the floor. Does anyone know of the clearances for a 2x lined flue pipe in regards to combustibles, such as my TV and painting. The last thing I want to do is hang this heavy painting and later have it moved due to the temps of the flue igniting the oil painting, or frying my TV.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dom

The 36" thing is recommended for loose and moving items. I certainly have wood cabinetry within 36" of the stoves. Clearance to combustible requirements are to be followed for the stationary items.

Status
Not open for further replies.