Hearthstone Heritage advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code is a funny thing. Your installation manual trumps code so the NFPA rules are not an issue.

In my eye, I would liken that post to a sidewall parallel to the stove side. You have a loading door that requires a pretty big side clearance on that side due to the door, like 16" as I recall. The face of post is over 16" from the side of that stove if I read your drawing correctly.

So instead of a post, image a wall parallel to the side of the stove at that same offset. It appears to meet spec.
Yeah I agree and I liken it to the corner clearance which is only 11" for the Jotul F45 I am considering. Thanks for your input. I think I am overthinking the whole thing.

Yeah I agree and I liken it to the corner clearance which is only 11" for the Jotul F45 I am considering. Thanks for your input. I think I am overthinking the whole thing.

Well we finally decided . We are getting the Jotul F45 Greenville Ordered it last week. Should have it delivered and installed by Thanksgiving.
I spent the last 2 days extending my hearth because the stove is deeper than wide and needed the extra hearth for the front door loading. Added a slate border all around the brick hearth. I will post pictures of the hearth modification as soon as I can find my camera

Status
Not open for further replies.