Hearthstone Heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpee

Jan 8, 2015
NorCal
So I have had three small drying fires sense I put the stove in and one all day fire two weeks ago when it was raining. So I started a small fire this morning outside temp 50 deg . Started at 7:00 let it burn and go out now at 2:00 the stove top is still 150 deg . Wow

So I have had three small drying fires sense I put the stove in and one all day fire two weeks ago when it was raining. So I started a small fire this morning outside temp 50 deg . Started at 7:00 let it burn and go out now at 2:00 the stove top is still 150 deg . Wow

Soapstone really holds the heat. I was really impressed when we burned a Heritage on our showroom floor.
I loaded it up at 7:30 one night & shut the primary down when we left at 8PM.
IIRC, the thermo read about 450 degrees.
Next morning I came in at 8AM & the stovetop thermo STILL read 100 degrees.
Pretty good heat sink...

Status
Not open for further replies.