Hearthstone Heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrpee

Jan 8, 2015
NorCal
What’s the longest burn anyone got out of their Hearthstone Hearitage. Most I can get with white oak is about 7 hrs.

Define burn. Does this mean coals for restart? 200F stove top?

I owned a heritage for several years. Burning low btu woods like fir and alder. My record was 10 hours and restart without matches. Overnight was easily doable but stove output at the end of 8-10 hours was really low.

During the day I burn fir or pine and load with oak at 10:00 pm, damper closed. Coal bed around 5:am. Can usually restart with kindling . I put in a pipe damper, guess I should try using that .

Reactions: Highbeam
During the day I burn fir or pine and load with oak at 10:00 pm, damper closed. Coal bed around 5:am. Can usually restart with kindling . I put in a pipe damper, guess I should try using that .
Hi, I only have pine here in black hills. My question is how do times change for overnight burn with Heritage?
Thanks.

I burn mainly fir and alder. 6-7 hours makes me very happy. By then there is not much heat left. If I dig around in the ashes I sometimes find coals.