Hearthstone Homestead, metal plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctuh

Feb 1, 2009
Maine
I have a hearthstone homestead 6-inch legs freestanding model. It came with a metal plate above the bottom heat shield, under the ash pan, attached to the unit via a metal lanyard. I have no idea the purpose of this plate. Anyone know what it is for?

I believe your talking about the ID plate the has all the info for your stove.

Exactly what it is. A whole world of difference when you flip the thing over. :)

Y'know i should look back at mine - I just assumed it was there to use as a blocker for the air intake in an emergency. Makes total sense now :)

Serial # Epa Certification like the tags on furniture "do not remove under Penalty of Law"

You thought they would mention it in the manual or something. If you get it face down it looks just like some sort of ash management device or extra heatshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.