Hearthstone Increase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't hearthstone in the process of upgrading and moving the manufacturing operations to a new building and set up? I believe a year or two ago they added shifts and the facility they have was not able to handle the present demand even considering the upgrades...Moving a manufacturing business is never easy, especially when you are going full bore...Demand has been increasing at a huge rate....They are investing in capacity and adding jobs in the US.

thats right, Roo, thats exactly how it works. For instance, a guy could take all his money, in the spring/early summer buy pellets at their cheepest, store them in the hopes that in the windter, 6-8 months later, the price will be higher. Hes risking the loss of interest on his money in the first place, that he could have gotten thru T bills or what have you, hes risking they wont be burned, stolen, vandalized, ruined by acts of God. So, he takes these risks, and he should be allowed at least the fact that he should be able to benefit from his risks...risks maybe others refuse to take. Is he a gouger?

I don't think he's gouging at all... I think he is a very smart shopper. Like you said HarryBack, he's taking the risk in doing this. If he makes it to the season and the price has gone up GOOD FOR HIM! He's just making up the money that he would have gained had he not spent it in the first place.

the other reason for doing this is that it would be very difficult to keep strait what stoves you paid what for. When you have a inventory of 300-400 units, things can get confusing real fast. If i have a price tag on the sales floor, and the customer wants to buy one of my new units that just came in, perhaps it was a color i ran out of pre season, it would not be easy to convice him to give me $200 more just because of the billing date change.

Status
Not open for further replies.