Hearthstone Manchester 8362 side door gasket issue or something else?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm fairly confident that the insulation is only packed as far as the installer could reach by arm. Even less by the tee because they would have worse access. Even if they were able to shove insulation down the short edge sides it wouldn't be tightly wrapped to the liner so there would be air flow.

Even if you see insulation at the tee that doesn't mean that it runs the full length.
I'm hoping you're wrong but Im betting you're right :-(

Alright, chimney company is coming out in a week or two. They're going to install a 4 foot insulated chimney pipe, this will make total length 21 feet if you go off of how hearthstone says to measure (from floor up). Im also replaing the 90 degree bend with 2 45's. I hope this all helps......Im also asking them about the insulation of the liner when they are here