hearthstone mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrc

Jan 1, 2015
ohio
I have been using a equinox for three years now in my garage. I use the side door for loading. I only open
the front door to clean the glass. Any time I open the front door ashes spill out. I would not like the stove
without the side door! I want a stove for my house and the mansfield is the size I would like but I could
not live without a side door if the front door spills ashes everytime you open it. Is the mansfield front door
like the equinox or is there a difference?

The reason ash spills out of the front so bad is because you never use it, combined with a stove that loads east/west. Since you use the side door so much, ash is able to accumulate on the door frame, or because a log is loaded right in the front and the ash falls forward. The Mansfield works best when loaded north/south and the door gets used every time, so ash spillage is very minimal. With a nearly square firebox, you won't miss the side door.

Last edited:
Yes, I was wondering what is stored in there?

I hope to someday be able to afford a garage that needs an Equinox to heat it.. LOL

I have no issues with ash spillage, generally load N/S.. sometimes E/W..

Status
Not open for further replies.