Hearthstone vs Regency vs Quadra Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Judge80

Aug 23, 2022
Midwest
Hey all, I recently had some choices of brands from a different dealer and I feel like they might be ripping me off. With the new dealer, I can choose from various modes of Regency, Hearthstone, and Quadra Fire. Do any of these stand out above the others? This company seems fair for installation too.

I have a Regency. Love it. I know someone who has a Quad. He loves it. Don’t know anything about hearthstone

Thank you for your input. I somehow get the feeling I will love whatever one I go with no matter what it is. At least for a few years or so. I’m finding it’s really difficult to distinguish the causes of stove problems whether it was user error or manufacturer issues. Granted some brands are better than others but I don’t wanna get paralysis by analysis.

Assuming that the installation is safe and correctly done, many stove problems are user error, poorly seasoned wood being the most common, or installation issues with negative pressure basement installs being fairly common. All of the companies mentioned make decent stoves and have been in business for a long time. Some of their designs are stronger than others. The 2020 EPA regs have pushed stove makers to come up with cleaner burning designs. Some have been more successful than others, even within the same company's model lineup so you may get cautious guidance on some models. And for some others, there can be a lack of successful feedback on that model so far.

Reactions: Judge80