Hearthstone wood stove value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gargoyle

Oct 31, 2021
VA
I have a 1998 Hearthstone woodstove that I no longer need and would appreciate any input on resale value. It is the soapstone version in excellent condition.

Here's a couple pictures 20211031_122124.jpg20211031_122136.jpg

"It is a Hearthstone Heritage (model 8020) that was probably built around 1997 1998 , maybe 1999 serial # 5247. Seller is asking $600.00 I am first wondering if this is a good stove to buy? Someone mentioned in this thread that older stoves might not be legal to use. Does this stove fall into the illegal category? Secondly, if it is a good stove to purchase, is 600.00 a good price? and, are parts available for it, if I have repairs in my future?"
I would try 8 or 9 hundred dollars at first. The thread I posted is from 2013. The $600 stove was in poor shape.

"It is a Hearthstone Heritage (model 8020) that was probably built around 1997 1998 , maybe 1999 serial # 5247. Seller is asking $600.00 I am first wondering if this is a good stove to buy? Someone mentioned in this thread that older stoves might not be legal to use. Does this stove fall into the illegal category? Secondly, if it is a good stove to purchase, is 600.00 a good price? and, are parts available for it, if I have repairs in my future?"
I would try 8 or 9 hundred dollars at first. The thread I posted is from 2013. The $600 stove was in poor shape.
This one is in good condition, no apparent damage or evidence of getting too hot, soapstone is nice. Rarely used since 2004 as we don't burn wood. Just would like to move it along to someone who will use it.

It looks good in the photos. And there is a demand for stoves right now. How would you sell it? Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist would be the best places to advertise.

It looks good in the photos. And there is a demand for stoves right now. How would you sell it? Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist would be the best places to advertise.
Facebook marketplace most likely. Should sell around here if it's priced right. Thanks!

If rarely used since 2004 I would advertise it for $1000. There is a free classified section here on hearth.com too.