Heat commander purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D_Bray

Feb 16, 2021
Kentucky
Let me start off by saying that I have been lurking in the shadows of the forum while trying to learn as much as I can about furnaces. With that being said I think you guys have unknowingly talked me into buying a Heat Commander for my house. Here’s my question. Where is the best place to order the furnace from? I notice that Northern Tool carries them but shipping is close to $300 on top of the furnace price of $2799. Another retailer called (MFP) My Fireplace Products, seems to have the same pricing as NT but with free shipping. Does anyone have any suggestions on a dealer? Or maybe someone knows of a better price?
Also, forgive me if this isn’t the right place for this post. It’s not really a classified so I figured this would be a good place for it.
Thanks for the help.
Derick

Let me start off by saying that I have been lurking in the shadows of the forum while trying to learn as much as I can about furnaces. With that being said I think you guys have unknowingly talked me into buying a Heat Commander for my house. Here’s my question. Where is the best place to order the furnace from? I notice that Northern Tool carries them but shipping is close to $300 on top of the furnace price of $2799. Another retailer called (MFP) My Fireplace Products, seems to have the same pricing as NT but with free shipping. Does anyone have any suggestions on a dealer? Or maybe someone knows of a better price?
Also, forgive me if this isn’t the right place for this post. It’s not really a classified so I figured this would be a good place for it.
Thanks for the help.
Derick

Derick,
I believe MFP is the best option. You could always give SBI a call, they are great to work with and will certainly steer you in the right direction.

Eric

Thanks for the help.
Derick
I purchased my setup from MFP, would do it again without hesitation.