Heat & Glo 6000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JimL-Maine

Aug 5, 2020
Maine
Hi All, I'm new to the forum, and need a hand figuring out how to connect a millivolt compatible thermostat to this Heat & Glo 6000GCF-IPILP gas fireplace. It goes through batteries way to fast. I've done this on a different brand gas fireplace where the wire hookup was quite obvious, but this one is more tricky and has a lot of wires that are not white or red.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jim in Maine

Do you have the manual with the wiring diagram? The thermostat would be connected to the Brown "Switch" wires.

1596663046863.png

Reactions: JimL-Maine
Do you have the manual with the wiring diagram? The thermostat would be connected to the Brown "Switch" wires.

Thank you very much, yes I do have the manual. Probably not because both wires are brown, but I have to ask anyway ... does it matter which one the red or white wire from the thermostat are connected to?

Thanks - Jim