Heat & Glo Escape - I35-C Remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dyos

Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
I have the above fireplace insert and the remote works mostly when its about a foot away from the fireplace. It has been this way for the last couple of years and I'm not sure if its a problem with the remote or the control module or something else. The remote has new batteries and the contacts are clean. It sometimes works at a 'normal' range which is 10-12 feet but most of the time I have to get right up next to the fireplace for it to work. When I press the button on the remote I can see on the remote that its sending the command but the fireplace does not respond with beep that normally happens when you turn the fireplace on or off. The fireplace is turned on and off by the remote only, there is no wall switch on the unit. I've tried turning the power off to the fireplace to 'reset' it but nothing has worked. The remote control is the RC-300. Is there anything else I should try?

Have you cleared the memory & started the programming sequence over?

1635098454923.png

I took the doors and the surround off and I can see the module on the left side of the box but I can't get my hands in there, not enough space. Looks like I would have to pull the whole unit out. Not sure I can make that happen on my own.

UPDATE: It ended up being a bad remote. I replaced the module and tried to pair the remote to it and it did not work. Got a new remote and it now works as it should. So it was the remote all along. It only took me a year but I finally got it done. Thanks for your help.