Heat N Glo 6000GLX-IPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jpro55

Sep 29, 2017
St. Paul, MN
Hello All - looking for some help on my Heat N Glo gas fireplace. We bought this house last year as a foreclosure so I have no real history on this house. What I have going on is the pilot light comes on and stays on without an issue. The main burner will not ignite. I don't have a ton of knowledge on fireplaces but I'm a bit stick because a lot of what I've read is mostly issues with the pilot light.

Any ideas on what I should try from here?

Thank you for your time

Try "rapping" on the gas valve with the plastic handle of a big screwdriver.
You don't have to hit it really hard, tho.
Sometimes after a long down time the regulator will stick & won't open with the gas pressure,
& the screwdriver hit can free it up.
If this doesn't work, let me know.

Wow - you were spot on! Tap it with the handle and boom...now it works. Thanks for the help! Just saved me at least $100 on a home visit.