Heat-N-Glo 8000TRD Vent Help Needed by Newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DogBytesMan

Apr 18, 2016
Oregon City, OR
Hi, hoping I can find some help here.....we bought a used Heat-N-Glo 8000TRD (and yes, we found out the difficulties of buying used....it's been QUITE a lesson), and the fireplace seems to work great but we are trying to locate about a 3' section of vent (I believe it is Z Vent...?) and a log set. We have had about 5 or 6 people out to look at it, and have been told the log set may be impossible to locate (we may go with glass or the fake river rock option), but have been quoted several hundred dollars for the venting piece.

Is that accurate? Is this type of vent that hard to find, or can a compatible vent be located and installed? Or is it proprietary?

Thank you very kindly in advance for any responses.....I love forums with experts on it.

Thanks!
Brad

What year was the unit manufactured?
It will be designated on the rating plate,
which is located in the valve cavity under the firebox.

Ok. Maybe we don't need the year.
Your unit SHOULD utilize DVP-type venting,
according to the online install manual.
That type of venting is still used on Heat & Glo
DV fireplaces, so it should be readily available from your
local HnG dealer. I don't remember EXACTLY what a 3'
section will run you, but $300 is WAY out of line.
I'm thinking more like $75 -$80, but I could be wrong.

You should be able to get the log set as well, the TRD model log set replacement runs around $500. If you are using your gas company or hvac service guys, I would go straight to the closest Heat N Glo dealer instead, they'll have everything you need. Just bring them the model and serial number of the rating plate and you'll be all set.

Sorry for the delay getting back and thanks so much for the help! We were able to find all the parts needed with your advice. I love these forums!

Thanks again!
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.