Dexen Electronic Ignition Module

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Robbie953

Jun 2, 2023
Australia
Hi, I’m in Australia and have a Heat and Glo (Hearth and Home) Model 6TRSI-AUD/6TRSILP-AUD
When I turn my fireplace on the pilot light light straight away but it doesn’t flame up and times out. After many, maybe a dozen times of resting it may light.
I have clean the little bar on the pilot.
I have had the Electronic Ignition Module tested and been told the Logic is faulty and it can’t be repaired.
The part is GM 8K1-30 PN:2166-306, which is difficult to find Heat n Glo Australia want $600 but I can find them in US but with exchange and postage sill $$$.
I have seen online the part GM8K1-50 PN:2166-307 which is cheaper and looks identical do you know if this part would compatible?
I am hoping so 🤞

B542445C-D366-4F17-A012-A211CF1B752F.jpeg

Hi, I’m in Australia and have a Heat and Glo (Hearth and Home) Model 6TRSI-AUD/6TRSILP-AUD
When I turn my fireplace on the pilot light light straight away but it doesn’t flame up and times out. After many, maybe a dozen times of resting it may light.
I have clean the little bar on the pilot.
I have had the Electronic Ignition Module tested and been told the Logic is faulty and it can’t be repaired.
The part is GM 8K1-30 PN:2166-306, which is difficult to find Heat n Glo Australia want $600 but I can find them in US but with exchange and postage sill $$$.
I have seen online the part GM8K1-50 PN:2166-307 which is cheaper and looks identical do you know if this part would compatible?
I am hoping so 🤞

View attachment 313090
The only difference that I can see is that the original module is for valves with a 30% turndown rate and the one that you are asking about has the number "50" in the part number, which leads me to believe that it is for valves with a 50% turndown rate.
This should not have any affect on operation.

Hi Guys,

So….I bought the original control module for my heater AU$600 and there must something else wrong, because the pilot lights but no flame . It just times out and the error code lights flash red 3 times which the module says is shorted sensor. No idea what that is . Any help would be amazing please.
It’s pretty cold in Melbourne atm.

image.jpg

Does the pilot stay lit, or does it shut off when the error code comes up?
Are you sure that all of the wires are connected correctly? (pin connectors fully seated and the pilot and sensor wires fully connected to the correct terminals)
Is the ground wire properly connected?