Heat N Glo Escape See Through (Escape-ST) Review & Cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

autofanatic

May 18, 2015
Bay Area
Hi, I am in the process of finishing up the design of our house. We are at the stage of picking a fireplace. The one that caught my eye is the Heat N Glo Escape See Through Fireplace.

Has anyone purchased this one and can provide any reviews on it? How realistic is the flame? If you don't mind sharing, the cost you paid for it? It is definitely one pricey unit. More than what I would like to spend, but I can't find another fireplace with an arch that is see through and clean looking like this. Looked at many brands and there's not that many see through ones that have a clean looking arch.

I tried searching on the internet for cheaper prices, but it all lists about $6.7k.

Thanks for your help.

$6.7K will get you the fireplace, but you'll hafta go for another $400 - $500 (each) for the fronts.
Maybe ANOTHER $300-$400 for the venting, also.
Then add in installation costs...
The good news is that HnG has a $300 coupon.
Better news is that many hearth shops will offer 10% (or more) discount due to the hearth
product slowdown that occurs this time of year.
Many will also offer discounts of 2 - 3% if you pay cash as they can avoid credit card fees.

The Escape ST came out after I left the industry, so my personal experience with the unit is nil,
but I always thought the Escape DV Gas Fireplace was one of the nicer HnG units & is a real
kick-a$$ heater...

$6.7K will get you the fireplace, but you'll hafta go for another $400 - $500 (each) for the fronts.
Maybe ANOTHER $300-$400 for the venting, also.
Then add in installation costs...
The good news is that HnG has a $300 coupon.
Better news is that many hearth shops will offer 10% (or more) discount due to the hearth
product slowdown that occurs this time of year.
Many will also offer discounts of 2 - 3% if you pay cash as they can avoid credit card fees.

The Escape ST came out after I left the industry, so my personal experience with the unit is nil,
but I always thought the Escape DV Gas Fireplace was one of the nicer HnG units & is a real
kick-a$$ heater...

Thanks Daksy for the reply. Great to know it is one of the nicer units from Heat & Glo. The cost for the options for the front is exuberantly high!!! Wondering if this would be a wise investment being nearly $8k for a fireplace. Let me know if you have any shop recommendations online or someone that ships that may sell it cheaper. :)

Thanks Daksy for the reply. Great to know it is one of the nicer units from Heat & Glo. The cost for the options for the front is exuberantly high!!! Wondering if this would be a wise investment being nearly $8k for a fireplace. Let me know if you have any shop recommendations online or someone that ships that may sell it cheaper. :)

AFIK, there are no internet sales of new HnG products, & I know of no one who will ship them. I'm not sure which
"Bay Area" you're in, but I'm located about 220 miles from one on the East Coast & the company that I
worked for wouldn't ship even THAT far. The problem is the Warranty. The seller would be responsible for
any warranty issues & mileage is not covered by HnG. They would lose a service tech for a full day
for ONE service call & not receive reimbursement. I suggest you work with a local hearth shop & try to get the
best deal you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.