Heat N Glo not staying lit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledebuhr1

Nov 5, 2016
michigan
My Heat N Glo gas fireplace pilot will stay lit all day. Once I lite the main burners it works fine for about 15sec then everything will shut off. If I take off the glass in front the main burner will go all day long. Is this a bad or dirty thermocouple? It shuts the gas off quickly likes its a safety switch. Any help would be nice.

It has a fancy cap on it to prevent anything from getting in the vent. I went up and looked at it today and there was no obstruction. I'm thinking its more of a sensor problem. Where its thinking the burner didn't light but it really did. So that's why after about 15sec it shuts off.

Its a 6000 DVTFL

Do you have your owner's manual? Page 31. Hi Temp Limit Switch. Might be bad, OR the wiring to it & back to the gas valve may have a broken sheathing. Generally , you can test the switch by removing it from the system & holding the disk over a flame. If you hear a very low volume "tink" kinda sound. That is the switch opening or closing. The wiring can be replaced with 18 ga thermostat wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.