Heat-N-Glo natural gas fireplace won’t stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GFD 2590

Jan 11, 2024
Texas
Hello ,
I have a Heat-N-Glo natural gas fireplace. It has the solid removable glass on it. The pilot lights flawlessly and the main flame comes on. After a few minutes (sometimes several minutes) the main flame goes out. I just replaced the complete pilot assembly. I do not have very much of the ember material in the bottom of the fireplace. Could the gas be flowing too freely thru the holes that produce the flames? I have gas cooktop, gas furnaces and gas water heaters. I have no problems with any of the other appliances. Is it worth checking to see if it will stay lit with the glass removed? Any suggestions will be appreciated .

Is the flame steady or is it lifting off the burner. Like the fire is floating above the burner before it goes out?

Moving this to Gas forum