Heat N Glo Tiara pilot light and ignitor not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LAndrim

Jan 1, 2011
Outside of Philly
Hi Everyone...can someone help me with a pilot light that will not work on TIARA II?

When I press the pilot light switch ink it started "clicking" a few times, then died...any insights? Thanks much!

Clean the rectifying sensor in the pilot assembly with steel wool & also check the ground wire connection to the stove body.
Make sure the screw is TIGHT.

Thanks Bob,
I gave the sensor a good cleaning with steel wool and a small brass brush...I also checked the ground wire as you suggested, as well as all the wires, and found a battery compartment with a AA that has been in the stove since I got it 10 years ago!
Replaced the battery and my pilot is on!
Thanks much for you reply! Stay warm!
Jamie

Clean the rectifying sensor in the pilot assembly with steel wool & also check the ground wire connection to the stove body.
Make sure the screw is TIGHT.

Reactions: DAKSY