heat on rear of insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotarider

Nov 1, 2014
ruffsdale pa
Do the rears of inserts get really hot? Mine will be very tight in my firebox. I dont wsnt to lose heat out the back. Enviro cabello 1700 thanks.

not really hot no but if you can get some insulation there it will help for sure

What is behind it is it an exterior wall?

ok well i would try to get some insulation behind there either roxul or 1/2" foil faced liner insulation

I have the cabello 1200 I was just wondering how you like the 1700? Since its on an exterior chimney do you have a block off plate? Do you have an insulated linear?
Do you run the blower on high, medium or low? Near the end of a burn cycle if the blower is on high the front of the surround might vibrate, does yours?

Sorry for all the questions, but its nice to see someone with the same insert.

Mine will be installed on the 18th. I cant wait oil is killing me. I will have insulated liner and a block off plate. I am hoping to keep my 1800 sf cape cod toasty.

Just believe all you read here about Seasoned wood! I'm burning white oak mixed with some ash & pallets, to conserve the wood! ( I feel guilty using the oak now)
Last year I used $800 in oil compared to over $3000 the year before!

Status
Not open for further replies.