Heat settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kglassner

Nov 14, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hey, everyone, recently had a few issues . Lower auger kept stopping. Discovered that it was the motor. It would work intermittently, then stop all together. Swapped top for bottom, figuring it only had to run for a couple seconds at a time it would get met through. Nope. Stopped all together. Bought a pair of motors. Swapped the now top motor, and kept 1 for a spare. Now I only have heat setting 1. Nothing i do will change the feed rate on the top auger. Thinking the board may have gone bad? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ken

I'm thinking, that when the motor locked up and the stove was telling it to feed, it may have burnt something out in the board. Also, it runs for about 6 seconds at a time. Every once in awhile the fire almost goes out. Watching it, at times very few pellets are being fed into the pot. The next minute, there are a normal amount, and the flame is where it should be

Make and model of your stove would help us with your problem.

Try resetting your board. Do a search on here for the procedure. Short of that, its probably your board.

Eric

Reactions: kglassner
Hard reset. Found out it.must have changed back to "a" mode during a power outage. Back on "D" now
Not much better. On heat setting 9 , still upper auger only runs for about 7 seconds and about a 14 second delay between turns. Guess it's time for a new board. Next season..lol. this is only heat for my basement....

After replacing the control board, and still having the same issue. Thinking it may be the vacuum switch hooked to the upper auger...any thoughts? Thanks

That MIGHT be from being on mode D? Sorry, been away for a while. I haven't timed mine, but I do seem to think it cycles more than that. If it was the vacuum switch the upper auger wouldn't turn at all.

Eric