Heat shield material question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

j5swim

May 25, 2018
Harford Country Maryland
Hello-

I have a Hitzer stove- not positive, but I believe it is a Model 254. Most of the clearance with the wall is not a problem. However, it is about 2 - 2.5 feet at the closest corner. Either way, the wife and I were looking to install a decorative wall cover/heat shield. My question is at 2 feet - would decorative aluminum/tin panels or tile be adequate? We will attach it via metal hat channel. Thanks!
Josh

fire.jpg

Hello-

I have a Hitzer stove- not positive, but I believe it is a Model 254. Most of the clearance with the wall is not a problem. However, it is about 2 - 2.5 feet at the closest corner. Either way, the wife and I were looking to install a decorative wall cover/heat shield. My question is at 2 feet - would decorative aluminum/tin panels or tile be adequate? We will attach it via metal hat channel. Thanks!
Josh

View attachment 226944
What are the required clearances? If you want it to offer any clearance reduction you will need it spaced off the wall atleast 1" with a 1" gap top and bottom.