Heat Zone for Quad 7100, Constitution, Northstar fireplaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketMan

Sep 8, 2008
Up North in Minnesota
Do any of you have experience using the Heat Zone option on these ZC fireplaces? It's my understanding that they use 6" 'B' venting pipe and terminate with a grill that has a blower to pull the air into a different room. Anyway, I'm hoping that it is worth the cost and installation aggravation to try to dump some heat into my lower-level family room.

Kirk

They work OK for short run that go up a floor and up and back. Going down you wont get much out of it unless you go straight down and thats it. I think they would work better on the 7100 if you ducted the AUX air to the same room as the heat zone as this would circulate the air better. We have not tried it yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.