heathstone heatshields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiohearthstone

Hearth Supporter
Jan 27, 2010
Bowling Green, Ohio
been looking around for a pic
I'm about 6" too short for my clearance(Hearthstone Clydesdale) ...Is this enough to fudge on?
The dealer says the Hearthstone mantle deflector mounts to the mantle...and I know I've seen some either aftermarket/homemade right to the stove.
I'm hoping the power of Al Gores Internet will save the day and provide some real pics from Clydesdale owners with a deflector (and maybe point out if it's factory or where they got it)
Thanks.......

ohiohearthstone said:
been looking around for a pic
I'm about 6" too short for my clearance(Hearthstone Clydesdale) ...Is this enough to fudge on?
The dealer says the Hearthstone mantle deflector mounts to the mantle...and I know I've seen some either aftermarket/homemade right to the stove.
I'm hoping the power of Al Gores Internet will save the day and provide some real pics from Clydesdale owners with a deflector (and maybe point out if it's factory or where they got it)
Thanks.......

Not if you plan on your insurance covering you.

You never fudge on this stuff. You're burning a fire inside your house for crying out loud. I think the mantle shields are ugly but if you are using the mantleshield per Hearthstone's specs and meet their requirements then you aren't fudging are you?

I would rather rip out the mantle.

My opinion . . . clearances are the minimum . . . me . . . I kind of like my house and my stuff . . . I followed the manufacturer's specifications . . . and then added a couple of inches just to be sure . . . which is the way I "fudge" things . . . choosing instead to err on the side of caution vs. convenience.

Why not start a new thread with the title' "Question for Anyone with Hearthstone Clydesdale Heatshield"? I think you'll get more fish with the right bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.