Heatilator Constitution ACC operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigAcres

Jan 2, 2019
Michigan
Hey all, I'm looking for some information on my new fire place. The ACC doesn't seem to be hooked to anything. It seems to have linkage that connects to the ACC over ride but it doesn't seem to control anything else. How can i confirm I'm not missing something? Another thing that makes me leery I'm missing something is that the fire is hard very hard to get going and or keep burning. If i crack the doors though, it burns good. I'm getting some draft with doors close, you can see the flame movement from a draft but it just doesn't seem like much at all. Thanks for the help

Bump. I figured out my issue. But I do have another question. The fans on this unit seem loud, is that typical? I can only stand to have the fan at half speed or so or it’s too loud. Anyone run into this?

I have the Northstar ZC unit which is identical to the constitution unit. The fans move a lot of air and are loud. Not sure how to move a lot of air without increasing decibels. As long as fans aren’t making a high pitched whining sound you should be good.

Hope this helps,
Matt
NY

Thanks! It seems like I don't get a good draft until the whole fire place gets hot, is that somewhat normal? This is my first fireplace like this fyi... The fans do move quite a but of air i agree, just wish it was a little less noisy.