Heatilator Pre Fab - need pipe - 8" inside dia, 13" Outside dia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidpsalt

Sep 24, 2011
Blue Ridge Mtns, Georgia
Hey Folks,

I have a 1986 Heatilator prefab fireplace that does not draw well at all. It is on the first floor of my ranch and has approximately 12-14 feet of chimney pipe and am hoping that by extending the chimney pipe another 3-4 feet I will get the draft I need to keep this thing from smoking. After purchasing today's standard Heatilator chimney pipe and getting up on the roof to snap it in place, I quickly learned that the existing pipe has an inside diamater of 8" and although it snaps in place properly, the outside pipe is only 10" in diameter vs. the existing 13" coming up out of my roof.

Does anyone know where I can get the proper pipe to extend my chimney?

Thanks for any and all help!

No advice here? I wonder if I can use the inside 8" pipe from the heatilator and than fab an outside shield to meet the existing 13" diameter.

Thoughts? Do they make a galv 13" stove pipe?

What is the model number of this unit? Some, like the Mark123 series were discontinued in the late 80s and the pipe is no longer made.

Status
Not open for further replies.