heating system layout software

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehoboth

Feb 13, 2014
mass
Hi All, I am planning the layout of my boiler and plumbing and have seen some really nice looking layouts done on here. What software is best for this? I really hate to have to spend the time in solidworks and figured there is a better way.

The best is a piece of paper, pencil and if you want to do a really nice job a lineal;)
Don't loose your time on any software.

Lol I'm an engineer, we look for ways to waste time!

How nice do you want $$?

I use a fairly simple and inexpensive HydroniCAD from www.hydronicpros.com, they also have a symbol library for AutoCAD available. My system below in HydroniCAD

PowerCAD is another nice program but $$ all the i-dronic drawings are done with PowerCAD

I have a library of Visio Stencils that you are welcome to.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 5.57.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 5.57.26 PM.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 325
  • recirc with 3 ZV and thermostatic POD.png
    recirc with 3 ZV and thermostatic POD.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 631
  • Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 6.07.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-02-14 at 6.07.44 PM.png
    38 KB · Views: 289
How nice do you want $$?

I use a fairly simple and inexpensive HydroniCAD from www.hydronicpros.com, they also have a symbol library for AutoCAD available. My system below in HydroniCAD

PowerCAD is another nice program but $$ all the i-dronic drawings are done with PowerCAD

I have a library of Visio Stencils that you are welcome to.

I just started working with Visio, I would really appreciate if you could share your stencils.

Taco has free software for this that I designed my system with after I already hand drew it... had to be a perfectionist.

I know how you feel man....I'm an engineer too... whatever can be done, will be OVER done.

Bob's software looks nice. I didn't think the Taco stuff was the most userfriendly but I got faster with it at the end.

https://www.taco-hvac.com/en/produc...ution (HSS)/products.html?current_category=84

Status
Not open for further replies.