Heaviest Flex Pre-insulated Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EmberEnergy

Aug 18, 2021
Maryland
G'day,

Can anyone point me to any of the heaviest pre-insulated flex liners?

So far I've found the Hybrid Flex by Champion but I gathered it was a medium weight. https://www.woodlanddirect.com/hybrid-flex-316l-pre-insulated-chimney-liner-kit---6/563356.html

I wish Olympia made the Armor Flex in pre-insulated, but can't find.

Or convince me wrapping isn't very hard? I don't have a lot of bends but still feel like something will snag with my luck.

--G
Olympia will preinsulate armor flex. New England chimney supply will insulated their heavy wall. Both are special orders and probably not available to non commercial accounts. But honestly I almost never use pre insulated I still wrap almost every one not a big deal and it's much lighter.

Btw champion is Olympia

Reactions: EmberEnergy
Olympia will preinsulate armor flex. New England chimney supply will insulated their heavy wall. Both are special orders and probably not available to non commercial accounts. But honestly I almost never use pre insulated I still wrap almost every one not a big deal and it's much lighter.

Btw champion is Olympia
I've not thought about the weight savings before; makes sense without the extra metal layer on the outside. So by using a heavy weight non-pre-insulated like Armor Flex I'll be putting the weight where it counts toward the liner exposed to heat and cleaning. I'm honing in on a distributor who will put together an Armor Flex kit and I'll wrap myself. Thanks for the encouragement.

I've not thought about the weight savings before; makes sense without the extra metal layer on the outside. So by using a heavy weight non-pre-insulated like Armor Flex I'll be putting the weight where it counts toward the liner exposed to heat and cleaning. I'm honing in on a distributor who will put together an Armor Flex kit and I'll wrap myself. Thanks for the encouragement.
What stove is this for? Mid weight isn't a bad option at all for modern woodstoves.

Insulating a liner yourself is a piece of cake, see this video for the process

I had no problem sliding my insulated liner down my 11" x 11" flue. For a narrower flue, a pulling cone might be needed.

Reactions: EmberEnergy