Heiss warranty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood man

Mar 6, 2014
Michigan
I am new to the site. I purchased a gasification boiler from heissheaters 2012. When purchased I was told of a ten year warranty, I have had many problems with this boiler since about 6months of opperation. I was not given a actual copy of this "warranty" and needed to know if anyone that had a boiler was given a hard copy of it, I would like to get a copy of it if possible. I see there are a lot of people with about the same story as I have encountered. Has anyone sought legal help of this matter? It is my next step, no returned phone calls. Thanking you in advance!!

Try your better business bureau for assistance.

http://www.heissheaters.com/equipment-faq.php

Warranty
Q: Do you offer a warranty on your units?
A: We do offer a three year warranty on Standard Models and a six year warranty on Elite Models. We require that our antifreeze be purchased.and either we install or an HVAC certified technician install the unit (proof of their certification must be provided to Heiss Heaters before warranty will be given).

Q: Why is Antifreeze required?
A:We must require this because we have no other way of controlling damage to the inside of the unit due to freezing.

Q: Why must you or an HVAC certified technicial perform the installation?
A: This is necessary because we cannot be responsible for units that are installed improperly.

A shot across the bow from a local lawyer might not be a bad idea but I wouldn't invest significantly to fight for warranty service or repair.

It's possible that you HAD some rights in terms of expressed or implied warranties but they are likely long gone if you didn't follow the instructions above. Good look. Sorry to hear of your experience with this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.