Hello, and pics of project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corners

Hearth Supporter
Oct 10, 2009
Gardner, KS
Hello all. Been lurking for a little while, but finally decided to say hi. The install starts tomorrow and wood is being delivered Tuesday (it's supposed to be 2 years aged oak). I'm ripping out a builder's grade direct vent gas for this little gem. I've grew up with a fireplace and owned a house of my own with a fireplace, but this will be my first experience with an actual heat generating device.

Wish me luck. :)

The empty 3 cord wood rack.
9zx6xj.jpg

The stove/fireplace.
264i4ph.jpg

Hey , good luck with your installation, I have lennox model s-260 lecacy freestandling wood stove, This will also be my first year burning with wood, I'am very excited to get the burning season underway. I liked the wood rack you build, hope everthing goes good for you, keep us posted with your installation.

Ahhh, another Kansan joins the group. Welcome! Keep us posted on the install and good luck with the wood. Hopefully you'll get that 1% which is actually what it's advertised as.

It's in...

Unit compare
1ya9ly.jpg

Unit installed (gotta do tile tomorrow, but that's not enough to stop me from burning a couple small fires ;) )
1409r7l.jpg

Here's the 3rd fire. I lit one with kindling only, one with a very small split that died out and I re-lit, and now the 3rd. I told the wife to come down after getting ready for bed, put down some kindling with one medium-small split on it, and the sucker burned for almost 2 hours. The instructions said to keep the first 4-5 burns between 30-60 minutes. Oops.
161kidf.jpg

wow you can really get that in tight and close to the combustables?

Thanks Corners. Its good to sit back and watch others work. Makes me feel better about my sore body. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.