Hello, and thank you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jayoldschool

Dec 20, 2018
Ontario Canada
Sorry for the spammer-ish thread topic. After lurking for a bit, I figured it was time to register and say hello.

I have a split ranch, around 3000 sq ft. House came with a Napoleon 1900 when we bought it. I actually didn't know what model was until I found this forum. Was pretty happy to realize that this is a big beast of a stove. Haven't really used it to heat the house, more like "put a fire on" for a few years. I've always had wood here. This year, I got a little more serious. Bought truck load from a local place, and have been using the stove more. I installed a blower kit, put that plug on wifi control, added a pipe thermometer. Brought home an IR thermometer, happy to see the magnetic one is right on the money.

The advice I have learned from reading and researching has been invaluable. Pre-heating with my propane torch. Top down lighting. That great video from Environment Canada on stove lighting and loading. E/W vs N/S loading. Reloading too soon, not loading enough. I was doing so many things wrong. I can get it started quickly, with much less wood, and load it and leave it for hours. My oil boiler never comes on when I have a fire going.

Great to be here, and thank you very much for the wealth of info that I've been scrolling through.

Here's my old truck (and my wife) loading up:

IMG_20181104_135551690_zps1xince7h.jpg

Nice wood-hauler. :cool:

I like the truck

Got the wife hooked, cant beat that.

Reactions: SpaceBus