Hello pigs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Buy now or wait until fall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Seems like winter wants to hang on. And I do love winter but I'm ready to fish.

So whose buying now or waiting for late summer. Last year I was slow going on filling the pig pen and price was the same. Not sure where price will be this fall?

I voted now, But could have voted later too.

I bought some now and I have most of my stash. I saved some room so If a deal happens I can go scoop it up. But I bet the prices now are going to be less than what they will be come fall. Box stores included. I think the box store deal in my area will be about $10 more next season. Its the pattern I have seen the last 3 seasons anyway.

I'm holding out, I have friends that need some that will be about 18-20 tons.:cool:

I'm picking some up to 40 bags at a time when i travel in town to combine trips together, easier on the pocketbook and knowing I'm getting this year prices. So technically speaking, building up my stash slowly. I'm up to 2 tons but I'm still heating the princess's castle.;)

Going to buy this spring just waiting to see if there any spring deals that will happen.

my dealer offers early buy program so I always buy this time of year.

Just took delevery from SIBs.Have 13 tons MWP blend,3tons,softies and 5tons Corinths. I'm good for a couple seasons,but will buy some on a real good deal.

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
not much left from last year and there are not to many deals here on Long Island the box stores are out and not getting anything new in except for North American Pellets (garbage) So I am not stocking up on them So its the waiting game for me but going to store 4 tons in my basement the family is going to hate delivery day lol

Have my house for sale, so I'm waiting to see what happens. If need be, will buy some in the fall. Still have 3+ tons left over.

Have my house for sale, so I'm waiting to see what happens. If need be, will buy some in the fall. Still have 3+ tons left over.

Is the CPM staying with sale? Or going with? That will leave a Pipe in the ceiling?

As for buying. Now, if your budget allows. I always want to stay ahead of the price increase. When they are high, just sit back and wait for a good deal. Even if it takes a couple years.

I can still make another year or better with what I have on hand, but the Wife gave me the go ahead for 4 ton of Sets when they go on sale next. $700 for 4 ton of a good pellet is hard to pass up. That will put me back into the 3+ yr ahead category.

Status
Not open for further replies.