Hello there - introducing myself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootstrap

Burning Hunk
Dec 4, 2013
Northern CT
I am new to the forum, but not new to wood burning what so ever.
I currently run a 1982 Vermont Castings Intrepid in my living room. Being that I live in a 1200 sqft ranch style house, I didnt want something that will cook us out, and I wanted to burn properly. I also run, during the real cold times, a Hitzer 30-95 coal stove in the basement. It is not going right now and from the latest weather outlook it may be a few more weeks.
The VT Castings is in perfect condition. No overfiring what so ever.
In my past I have burned wood in Warm Morning 523 coal/wood stoves, older Scandia stoves and a logwood stove.
I have an All nighter in my barn/work shop area.
A few years back I tried to heat the house by burning wood in the basement stove. That proved to be alot of work, and using coal stoves to burn wood made the work even harder.
Now I use the Intrepid in the living room and its nice. I dont have to load tons of wood all the time, and it keeps us nice and toasty. A few pictures to come, but in the mean time I thought I would introduce myself to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.