Help diagnosing Buck 27000- won't go above 120C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

omnom

Feb 8, 2022
Michigan
Purchased a house recently with an old Buck 27000. Wanting it to help supplement the cold winter, but I cannot get it up to temperature. Standalone unit with metal flue (~25ft in height to roof cap). Had two separate chimney guys come out and check the flue for blockage and inspect it. Both said it was fine. I set up the fire with fatwood, pine kindling, and kiln dried maple. Keep the door cracked, damper open. Lights up fine. Let it build, add more wood, etc. When I see ashy wood and glowing red coals, I put the damper on the second from the last slot and keep the draft doors fully or half open. No matter what I do, the oven never goes above 130C (as tested by laser thermometer right above the chimney spout). The blower fan and thermostat are brand new...blower occasionally kicks on. Frustrating because it can't heat up the house. Called Buck for help and they have no idea. Wood moisture is 16%. I'm at a complete loss. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Fill with smalls and large splits. Light fire, crack door 1", flue and lower doors fully open, after 15mins close the main doors(when fire roaring) leave lower slide doors open till up to temp. I have a temp gauge on the door. I close all doors at 300f. If this doesn't work send a video.