Help! Enviro EF3 Operating Recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael.J.Rox

Jan 6, 2015
Pasadena, MD
Good evening,

I'm new to the pellet stove game, but really excited to learn. I recently purchased a little house on the water (~800 sq ft), and the only source of heat comes from the pellet stove, perfectly located in the middle of the house. The stove is approximately 10 years old, according to the installation date on the cover of the hopper. I've read, re-read, and re-read again the owner's manual. Great stuff in there, really helped me get on my feet as far as operating the stove goes.

First thing I did before firing up my stove was give it a thorough cleaning, based on what the owner's manual had recommended. It fires up nicely, though the ignition source is kind of weak. However, I'm at ends on how I should run the convection blower.

The owner's manual says to let the unit heat up, and when it reaches 220 degrees, the convection blower will automatically turn on until it lowers the heat to 170. It also recommends letting the stove run through this cycle until the room is at the desired temperature.

So, for all of you pellet stove aficionados out there, is this the most effective way to heat a home? Would turning the blower on a sustained, low or medium setting be more efficient? How do you go about raising and maintaining the temperature in your house, exclusively with a pellet stove?

Many thanks!

Kinda the same as using the heat in a hotel room that the stat just goes from blue to red. Start at 1/2 way and see how it does

My ef3 is a little older than yours but I leave the blower on
all the time . The only time it is off is when the stove turns it off
after I turn the stove off and it has cooled to the turn off point.
for my weekly cleaning or more often if needed.
I have been running it that way since I install the stove in 2002
still using the original blower motor . Cleaned and oiled twice a year .

My ef3 is a little older than yours but I leave the blower on
all the time . The only time it is off is when the stove turns it off
after I turn the stove off and it has cooled to the turn off point.
for my weekly cleaning or more often if needed.
I have been running it that way since I install the stove in 2002
still using the original blower motor . Cleaned and oiled twice a year .

Thanks for the tip! I figured leaving the blower on would be more effective. I could see heat rising from the chimney from outdoors when I allowed it to cycle, which just looks like wasted energy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.