Help! Enviro m-55 isn’t feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Judyvla

Jan 17, 2022
Hudson, NY
So, I had my stove serviced for the first time in five years – I know I know – because the hopper lid had come off the rails. The rails are replaced, the magnet is in its proper place, thoroughly cleaned, all was well. I’ve now taught myself to remove the burn pot grate for cleaning. That’s the good news. The bad news is that, as of this morning, I have no pellet feed. I called the store, where the appointment wait is six weeks, and they said to pull out the burn pot and stick a coat hanger up the feed tube to see if there’s something stuck. That makes sense, so I did it. The problem is it now I can’t get the burn top pot liner to go back in properly. Isn’t the hole in the back of the burn great supposed to line up with the little heat thingy that actually fires the pellets? I can’t get it to do so now. I’m pretty new at this removing the pot grate and replacing it, but this is really not working. Suggestions? Any advice greatly appreciated! I’m a single, not particularly mechanically adept gal, I can use all the help I can get.

Not familiar with your stove but yeah, a hole in the burn pot should be lining up with the ignitor.
I looked for manuals online and it looks like 2 or 3 designations of M55 like FPI, FS and C. Some are steel and some are cast by the look of things.

Last edited:
Hi poncho,
I actually took some pics and the burn pot grate to the store and they gave me a quick (too quick!) run through of dis-and reassembling the burn pot. Now I can’t get the grate back into the pot—it’s been sticky before, but this seems like a dead end. Weird, I cleaned it tester and had it running last night…..

If you can get it back together correctly, I suggest trying a complete startup and see what light (if any) ends up blinking. You may have to wait 10-15 minutes depending on what’s going on. I don’t suggest sticking anything up the pellet chute, there’s really nothing up there that you can “free” with a wire.

Once you get a blinking light (or not) we can run through the troubleshooting list, but the odds are it’s still an issue with the hopper lid since you already had a problem with that and the hopper lid being in the wrong position will absolutely keep pellets from dropping.

Ken

Last edited:
Are you having a problem with the burn pot? or the burn pot linner?

If you can get it back together correctly, I suggest trying a complete startup and see what light (if any) ends up blinking. You may have to wait 10-15 minutes depending on what’s going on. I don’t suggest sticking anything up the pellet chute, there’s really nothing up there that you can “free” with a wire.

Once you get a blinking light (or not) we can run through the troubleshooting list, but the odds are it’s still an issue with the hopper lid since you already had a problem with that and the hopper lid being in the wrong position will absolutely keep pellets from dropping.

Ken
Hi Ken,

The hopper lid got fixed—new rails, new magnet—and is fine. Now I seem to have the burn pot out of alignment, so the liner and fire box don’t fit together properly. I have no idea how that happened, since the burn pot is stuck so tightly I can’t budge it at all.

Happily, stove guy is coming on Wednesday! Will let you know how it works out.

Judy

Are you having a problem with the burn pot? or the burn pot linner?
Both, at this point! Emptied liner to clean it, then couldn’t get it back on properly; took pix to stove store and found out pot is stuck too far back and I can’t even budge it. Happily, the stove guy can come weds. Yay! I’ll let you know what transpires.

Glad you can get him in so soon. That’s much better than the 6 weeks you had been quoted!