Help finding control panel and access

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Xcdiesel

Feb 7, 2021
Houston
We have a gas fireplace not working and I cannot find the access panel and controls. I've looked everywhere. It's a gas fireplace installed when the house was built in 04. There's a worn out plate near the top of the unit that says Model # GR16 Model# BC 36R.

I've removed the top piece and no controls. I've removed the bottom piece and no controls. It's an elevated fireplace so I cut a hole in the wall behind it and I see nothing below it so I'm assuming the tile isn't blocking it. I've googled the model numbers and can't find anything. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

Here's another where its showing nothing beneath the logs. I've removed the logs and grates. I don't even see a pilot light. It's a stainless steel coil connected to the gas pipe.

Need better pictures

You DON'T have a gas fireplace.
You have a gas log set in a WOOD burning fireplace.
Can you remove the logs & post a pic of what is in there?